Highlights of Ephesus Tour
- Highlights of Ephesus Tour is unique in terms of the places it covers and best suited for cruise passengers who want to visit only the most important places inside the Ephesus in a half day private tour. This tour is guaranteed skip-the-line, with tickets purchased in advance. You can customize your tour at any time with your private tour guide.
Highlights of Ephesus Tour includes Ephesus Ancient City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a remarkable history. Built-in the 12th century BC, this ancient city is the most substantial collection of Roman ruins in the eastern Mediterranean. Famous for the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, this destination offers a diversity of sights to please the eyes. Finally, you'll be mesmerized by the Library of Celsus, built-in 135 AD and the third biggest library in the ancient world.
- Another highlight is the Scholastica Baths, where citizens could bathe, meet and gossip! Besides that, the biggest attraction in Ephesus is the Grand Theater, a massive building with 25,000 seats. Moreover, this theater used to be used for concerts, plays, and religious, political, and philosophical meetings. This theater is also mentioned in the Bible. St. Paul preached to the people near the grand theater of Ephesus. Also, gladiator fights and animal fights were held here. Afterward, check out a few more significant highlights before enjoying a delicious local lunch included in your private Ephesus tour.
- Before we leave Ephesus, another important part of our itinerary is Terrace Houses. The terrace houses of Ephesus are located on the hill opposite Hadrian's temple. They are also called "the houses of the wealthy Romans." They are so important because they give us information about family life during the Romans. They were built according to the Hippodamian plan of the city, where the streets crossed at right angles.
There are six housing units on three terraces at the foot bottom of the slope of Bulbul Mountain. The oldest building dates back to the 1st century BC and continued as a residence until the 7th century AD.
- When we finish our private half day tour back at the Kusadasi Port, you will have the opportunity to enjoy your time in a lively shopping district where there is an exciting display of handmade Turkish beauties such as rugs, leather goods, jewelry, and ceramic art. If you prefer to return to your ship from the shopping district, let your private tour guide know, and you will be taken directly back to your port. Book this fantastic private shore excursion for an unforgettable Turkey experience at an exclusively affordable price.
This tour requires minimum 2 hours walking. We recommend to wear comfortable shoes. Ephesus is an ancient city and can be very hot during summer days. We provide umbrellas to our guests as complimentary.
Departure & Return Location
Kusadasi Port or Kusadasi Hotels
Place to Visit
Ephesus Ancient City - Terrace Houses - Temple of Artemis
- Professional Tour Guide
- Private De-Luxe Vehicles
- Pick up and Drop off
- Parking Fees
- All taxes
- Entrance Fees (Tickets are pre-purchased. Total 17$)
- A Delicious Local Lunch (If you Require)
- Beverages at Lunch
- Unlimited bottled water.
- Sun Protection UV Umbrella
The best Private Ephesus Tours
Ephesus All Inclusive from Bodrum
Tailor-Made Ephesus Tour from Izmir
Ephesus All Inclusive from Istanbul
Full Day - 8 HoursDetails
Ephesus Tour for Cruise Customers
Full Day - 6 HoursDetails
Private Ephesus Tour
Ephesus Luxury Helicopter Tour From Bodrum
Full Day - 6 - 8 HoursDetails
Private Ephesus Tour from Istanbul
Full Day - 8 HoursDetails
Highlights of Ephesus Tour from Izmir
Full Day Private Ephesus Tour from Izmir
Ephesus All Inclusive Tour
Full Day - 6-8 HoursDetails