Tailor-Made Ephesus Tour from Izmir
- We will arrange your program according to your requests because it is your private tour. You can start at any time, depending on the arrival and departure time of your cruise ship or flight. Explore the breathtaking ruins of Ephesus on this sightseeing tour from Izmir.
- A professional, licensed tour guide will meet you in Izmir. After meeting your guide, drive to the House of the Virgin Mary, the sacred place where she is said to have spent her last days before her assumption. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and learn more about the area’s religious history. The House of the Virgin Mary on Mount Bulbuldagi (Koressos) is a popular pilgrimage site for Christians and offers a captivating and spiritual atmosphere. Continue to the ancient city of Ephesus, where you will see the Church of St. Mary and the Theater of Ephesus, where St. Paul preached and spread Christianity.
- Once in the ancient city of Ephesus, you will visit sights with your guide, such as the Odeon Theater, which seats up to 1,400 spectators. The beautiful Roman statues and decorations carved into marble slabs at the Pollio Fountain will also be seen. The most famous highlight in Ephesus is the Celcius Library, completed by the Romans in 117 AD. The building has an impressive facade with columns, statues, and intact windows.
- Suppose you want to learn more about Roman life. In that case, you will have the opportunity to visit the Terrace Houses, a private area in the ancient city of Ephesus that resembles Roman villas. The floor mosaics and frescoes have been consolidated, and two houses have been opened to the public as a museum. If you are interested in archeology, you can visit the Ephesus Archeological Museum, which exhibits the finds from the excavations in the archeological site of Ephesus and the famous statue of the Greek goddess Artemis.
- Finally, you should visit the Greek Temple of Artemis, one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, and then go to the Basilica of St. John, built by Justinian I over the tomb of the Apostle John.
Izmir Port, Izmir Hotels and Izmir ADB Airport
Ephesus Ancient City - Terrace Houses - Virgin Mary House - St. John Basilica - Isa Bey Mosque - Artemis Temple
- Professional Tour Guide
- Private De-Luxe Cars
- Parking Fee
- All taxes
- Pick up and Drop of
- A Delicious Local Lunch (If you Require)
- Beverages at Lunch
- Entrance Fees (Tickets are pre-purchased to skip the line)
- Sun Protection UV Umbrella
- Unlimited bottled water.